Jean-Francois Le Galliard
Researcher in Evolutionary Population Biology and Behavioural Ecology
Currently employed by the CNRS in France
Director of CEREEP-Ecotron IleDeFrance
I am a population ecologist and evolutionary biologist interested in understanding the diversity of life history strategies and the wide variety of behavioral tactics that animals use to survive and reproduce in their changing environment. After a scolarship at the Ecole Normale Superieure in Paris, i attended the master program of Evolutionary Biology and Ecology at the University of Paris 6 and did my PhD project under the supervision of Prof. Régis Ferrière and Dr. Jean Clober. During this project, I was regularly travelling to Austria (IIASA, ADN program) where I collaborated with Dr. Ulf Dieckmann. My thesis investigated the evolution of social behaviors in spatially structured populations and involved both theoretical and empirical approaches. After my doctoral studies, I got a Marie-Curie Fellowship to work at the CEES in Oslo, Norway, in the research group of Prof. Nils Christian Stenseth. During two years, I was the research manager of alarge scale experimental facility developed by Prof. Rolf Ims at Evenstad. My projects aimed at a better understanding of the interplay between dispersal and population demography in metapopulations of a small mammal species. Sincethe beginning of 2006, I am a permanent researcher at the CNRS, now affiliated to the UMR 7618 (iEES Paris). My research projects deal with evolutionary population and behavioural ecology and involve various projects with lizards, snakes, small mammals, and even now collembola. Since 2010, I am the science director of a field station and research center called CEREEP-Ecotron IleDeFrance and located outside Paris. This is a place where we develop modern infrastructures dedicated to experimental ecology.
1. Le Galliard, J.-F., Ferrière, R. and J. Clobert. 2004. Physical performance and darwinian fitness in lizards. Nature 432:502-505.
2. Le Galliard, J.-F., Fitze, P.S., Ferrière, R. and J. Clobert. 2005. Sex ratio bias, male aggression, and population collapse in lizards. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 102(50):18231-18236.
3. Fitze, P.S. and J.-F. Le Galliard. 2008. Operational Sex Ratio, Sexual Conflict, and the Intensity of Sexual Selection. Ecology Letters 11(5):432-439.
4. Clobert, J., Le Galliard, J.-F., Cote, J., S. Meylan and Massot, M. 2009. Informed dispersal, heterogeneity in animal dispersal syndromes and the dynamics of spatially structured populations. Ideas and Perspectives. Ecology Letters 12(3):197-209.
5. Gonzalez-Suarez, Le Galliard, J-F. and D. Claessen. 2011. Population and life-history consequences of within-cohort individual variation. The American Naturalist 178(4):525-537.
On this website, you will find updated news, informations on the ongoing research done in my lab, as well as a free access to my publications and teaching documents. You are most welcome to contact me if you want to join my research group or just need more information.
Have a nice visit and hope to hear from you soon !
|Last Updated ( dimanche, 21 septembre 2014 )|